Bio & Bibliography
Natania Barron is a word tinkerer with a lifelong love of the fantastic. She has a penchant for the speculative, the weird, the medieval, the Victorian, the literary, and the divine. Her work has appeared in Weird Tales, EscapePod, Steampunk Tales, Crossed Genres, Bull Spec, and various anthologies. Her longer works run the gamut from Edwardian urban fantasy to tales of the rock and roll world. She is also the founder of The Outer Alliance, a group dedicated to queer advocacy in speculative fiction. She’s also an outspoken advocate for mental health rights, particularly pertaining to her son Liam, who has autism.
She is a Took, a Slytherin, and likely a Tyrell, even if she is a bit jealous of the Greyjoy Kraken. She takes her whisky neat (and single malt), her wine dark and complex, and her coffee decaffeinated.
When not venturing in imagined worlds, she can be found in North Carolina, where she lives with her family, two hounds, and an assortment of musical instruments.
Natania holds a BA in English/Writing from Loyola University Maryland and an MA in English with a concentration in medieval literature from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. During the day she works as a Global Marketing Director in clinical research. This amazing job allows her to do her other favorite thing: travel!
As a mental health activist, especially regarding adolescent care, Natania has drawn nationwide attention for her writing, including television appearances. Inspired by her son Liam’s struggle through the school system as a child with high functioning autism and a variety of other challenges, she is an outspoken advocate. You can read more about her story at Medium.
- Pilgrim of the Sky – December 2011, Candlemark & Gleam
- Rock Revival – July 2018, Falstaff Books
- Gods of Londinium – Forthcoming
- Wothwood – Falstaff Press, February 2017
- Frost & Filigree – Falstaff Press, June 2017
- Masks & Malevolence – Falstaff Press, February 2019
- Time & Temper — Forthcoming 2019
- GEEKMOM: Projects, Tips, and Adventures for Moms and Their 21st Century Families – October 2012, Potter Craft (Crown, Random House)
- “Dr. Adderson’s Lens” – Gatehouse Gazette #8/Bull Spec #1 (reprint)
- “The Brass Pedestal” – Steampunk Tales #4
- “Dead’s End to Middleton” – Crossed Genres #16, Steampunk Issue/ EscapePod 273
- “A Dear, Lovely Thing” – Faerie Magazine #20; We Are Not This, Falstaff Press (2016)
- “The Monastery of the Seven Hands” – Dark Futures
- “The Wakened Image” – Weird Tales #356, collaborative poetry and art with Brigid Ashwood.
- “Sand” – Bull Spec #3 (in French, Spanish, and English)
- “Without a Light” – Fantastique Unfettered
- “Pushing Paper in Hartleigh” — Subversion: Science Fiction & Fantasy Tales Challenging the Norm (2011)
- “The One in the Swamp” Shotguns v. Cthulhu, Stone Skin Press ( March 2012)
- “Fish Eyes” – Bull Spec #8 (2012)
- “Occupied” – Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, The Mammoth Book of Kaiju (2016)
- “Exalted Among Us” – Tales from the Age of Sorrows, Onyx Path Press (2016)
- “The Matter of Aude” – Swords v. Cthulhu (2016)
- “Dreams of Craidmore” – The Endless Ages Anthology, Onyx Path Press (2016)
- “Two Moons and Red Bread” – Tales of the Lost Citadel (2017)
- “Webs and Windows in Pescadero” – Strange California (2017)
- The Aldersgate (podcast draft of novel)
- Castledeck and the Arabella (steampunk adventure set in the Aldersgate universe)
- Pilgrim of the Sky: LIVE! – A live reading of the novel!