ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Natania Barron is a word tinkerer with a lifelong love of the fantastic. She has a penchant for the speculative, and has written tales of invisible soul-eating birds, giant cephalopod goddesses, gunslinger girls, and killer kudzu, just to name a few. Her work has appeared in Weird Tales, EscapePod, Steampunk Tales, Crossed Genres, Bull Spec, and various anthologies. She is also the founder of The Outer Alliance, a group dedicated to queer advocacy in speculative fiction.
She is a Took, a Gryffindor, and likely a Tyrell, even if she is a bit jealous of the Greyjoy Kraken. She takes her whisky neat (and single malt), her wine dark and complex, and her coffee decaffeinated.
When not venturing in imagined worlds, she can be found in North Carolina, where she lives with her family and two hounds.
Pilgrim of the Sky – December 2011, Candlemark & Gleam
Watcher of the Skies – forthcoming, Candlemark & Gleam
Wothwood – Falstaff Press, forthcoming 2017
GEEKMOM: Projects, Tips, and Adventures for Moms and Their 21st Century Families – October 2012, Potter Craft (Crown, Random House) with Kathy Ceceri, Corrina Lawson, and Jenny Williams.
- “Dr. Adderson’s Lens” – Gatehouse Gazette #8/Bull Spec #1 (reprint)
- “The Brass Pedestal” – Steampunk Tales #4
- “Dead’s End to Middleton” – Crossed Genres #16, Steampunk Issue/ EscapePod 273
- “A Dear, Lovely Thing” – Faerie Magazine #20; We Are Not This, Falstaff Press (2016)
- “The Monastery of the Seven Hands” – Dark Futures
- “The Wakened Image” – Weird Tales #356, collaborative poetry and art with Brigid Ashwood.
- “Sand” – Bull Spec #3 (in French, Spanish, and English)
- “Without a Light” – Fantastique Unfettered
- “The One in the Swamp” Shotguns v. Cthulhu, Stone Skin Press ( March 2012)
- “Fish Eyes” – Bull Spec #8 (2012)
- “Pushing Paper in Hartleigh” — Subversion: Science Fiction & Fantasy Tales Challenging the Norm (2011)
- “Occupied” – Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, The Mammoth Book of Kaiju (2016)
- “Exalted Among Us” – Tales from the Age of Sorrows, Onyx Path Press (2016)
- “The Matter of Aude” – Swords v. Cthulhu (2016)
- “Two Moons and Red Bread” – Tales of the Lost Citadel (2016)
- “Dreams of Craidmore” – The Endless Ages Anthology, Onyx Path Press (2016)
- “Webs and Windows in Pescadero” – Strange California (forthcoming 2017)
The Aldersgate (podcast draft of novel)
Castledeck and the Arabella (steampunk adventure set in the Aldersgate universe)
Pilgrim of the Sky: LIVE! – A live reading of the novel!